Answers- 145, 146, 147, 148

145.Narration: 
He said to me, "Why shall I beg for mercy?"
A. He asked me why he would beg for mercy.
B. He asked me why he should beg for mercy. ✅
C. He asked me why he could beg for mercy.
D. He asked me why he might beg for mercy.
Expl.
Shall+ s+ v1+o?= सुझाव मांगने के लिए..
सामान्यतः Indirect speech में shall को should में परिवर्तित कर देते हैं। 

146.Voice: 
They saw me driving fast.
A. I am seen to drive fast.
B. I am seen driving fast.
C. I was seen driving fast. ✅
D. I was seen to drive fast.
Expl.

AV में See+ o+ v1ing (PP) हो तो passive में v1ing का ही प्रयोग करते हैं।
AV- He saw me running.
PV- I was seen running.

AV में See+ o+ v1 (Infinitive) हो तो passive में v1 को to v1 में बदल देते हैं।
AV- He saw me run. 
PV- I was seen to run.

147.Give one word: 
To prevent something from happening 
A.Covet: ललचाना / दूसरों की चीज़ पाने की इच्छा रखना
B.Covert: गुप्त / छिपा हुआ
C.Advert: ध्यान दिलाना / उल्लेख करना
D.Avert: टालना / रोक देना (सही उत्तर) ✅

148.mprove the bracketed part: 
I was under the (mistake= v1) belief that I was in charge.
A. Mistook= v2
B. Mistaken (Participial Adj.)= wrong ✅ 
C. Mistaking= v1ing
D. No improvement

Comments