207.Spot the error:
All of my friends 1/ have postponed2/ to visit ✅3/ Goa next month.4/ NE5/
Expl.
Postpone+ gerund= v1ing✔
..postponed visiting..✔
208.Improve the bracketed part:
She died (of drinking and not from malnutrition).
a. of drinking and not for malnutrition.
b. from drinking and not malnutrition.
c. ✅from drinking and not of malnutrition.
d. No improvement
Expl.
Die from= injury, drinking, wound, smoking, overworking, overheating, heat, explosion, inattention etc.✔
Die of= illness (cancer, cholera, pneumonia), hunger, thirst, cold, malnutrition etc.✔
209.Which one is correct?
A.There is no cure of cancer. (Cure= noun)
B.He cured me for my illness. (Cure= verb)
C.There is no cure from cancer. (Cure= noun)
D.He cured me of my illness. ✅ (Cure= verb)
Expl.
Cure (noun)+ for ☑️
Cure (verb)+ of ☑️
210.Fill in:
............., I would file a case.
A.If I had him ❌
B.If I was him ❌ (Formal English में past subjunctive "were" एवं nominative case "he" का प्रयोग होना चाहिए)
C.Were I he ✅ ("If I were he" का inversion करके)
D.If I am he ❌ (First conditional का structure है जो केवल real cases के लिए होता है। जबकि प्रश्न एक second conditional sentence है! किसी एक को दूसरे के स्थान पर रखने के लिए first conditional sentence का प्रयोग नहीं करते हैं।)
Expl.
दिया वाक्य second conditional sentence है। Inversion करके "If I were he" को "Were I he" भी लिख सकते हैं।
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments!